1. Maileg Nicky Rabbit, £31.00
2. Maileg Axel Rabbit, £40.00
3. Maileg Helen Bunny, £31.00
As Bailey had shown absolutely no interest in the various bears, elephants and bunnies that he had been bought over the years I decided to give them away. Fast forward six months: “where are my bears and bunnies?”. Eeek! So it was with a slight sense of guilt that I bought him a Maileg bunny at Easter. In some ways these bunnies (and mice, foxes, cats, deer…) are more like dolls than soft toys as they all have amazing outfits that you can take off and change. I wasn’t sure how Bailey (a boy who likes to play with toys that fly or can be crashed) would react to such a toy, but ‘Easter’ as his bunny was aptly named is very much loved. The only down side is Easter gets more cuddles than me!
ps: these rabbits and bunnies are included in ‘treat week’ at Elias & Grace, so have 20% off until midnight tonight.
1. Babe & Tess Fine Stripes Onesie (3-24 months), £40.50
2. Maileg Squirrel, from Elias & Grace, £28.00
3. Louis Louise Baby Slippers, from Elias & Grace (6-12 months), £38.00
It’s hard to believe that Bailey was ever small enough to fit in to an outfit this size, but when he was, this is how I liked to dress him: comfortable, simple, stylish, done (not something I always achieved I might add!). If there’s a cooler baby slipper out there I’ve yet to find it – I adore these Louis Louise ones. In fact Sarah and I are pretty much obsessed with this brand at the moment. For those with the breaking strain of a kit-kat for well priced, cool kids clothes (i.e. us) do not look up this brand!
1. Miller Quiver T-Shirt (2-14 years), £30.00
2. Next Distressed Shorts (3-16 years), £10.00-£15.00
3. Hedgehog Bow & Arrow Set, £10.00
4. Bensimon Tennis Plimsoles (sizes 27-35), £28.00
With the exception of the bow (which we suspect Bailey and Marlow would enjoy much more than we would) this outfit encompasses all our summer favourites: stripes (this may well be our favourite Breton tee for the Summer), denim shorts and cool canvas shoes. In fact we predict that all the outfits our boys will be wearing this summer will be some version of this one!
Nicky & Sarah xx
1. Mango Henley T-Shirt, £3.99 (was £6.99)
2. Tegu 6 Piece Pocket Pouch, £15.99
3. Gap Lived-In Khakis, £16.95
4. Next Corkbed Sandals, £11.00-£13.00
I recently saw an outfit that Marlow had put together, all by himself, which mixed blue and tobacco colours. It was such a cute colour combination that I thought I should share it; thank you for the inspiration Marlow! Master Clark finished his ensemble off with a pair of sandals similar to the ones here. I know when Bailey sees them he will want some just like Marlow, so watch out for more matching shoe pictures. Oh, and I’m reliably informed that the Tegu blocks (suggested by a lovely Little Spree reader) are the toy of choice in the Clark-Lloyd household which is high praise indeed!
1. M&S 3 Piece Cotton Shirt, T-Shirt & Chinos Outfit, £24.00
2. Vilac Red Accordian, £34.00
3. Falcotto By Naturino Boots, £38.00
Checks? A red accordion? Cool boots? What more could a toddler boy possibly need?
Sarah & Nicky xx
1. Pequeno Tocon Two Romper, £38.48
2. Mango Striped T-Shirt, £7.99
3. Easy Peasy Soft Booties, £27.68
4. Maileg Helen Bunny, £31.00
We love this look for a baby girl. Who says girls can’t wear navy anyway?
Sarah & Nicky xx
ps: for anyone who doesn’t follow us on Instagram, you will have missed these fab Bob & Blossom carnival lights. We can’t get enough of them!
Mothercare Tusk Branch Shelf, £29.99
Tusk is a charity that we really believe in. All three of our kids LOVE animals, and have a pretty impressive collective knowledge of them (although not necessarily when the cameras are rolling, but more of that later…). Tusk supports the conservation of wildlife, sustainable development and education in Africa. Mothercare is working together with them to help save endangered animals. Which can only be a good thing can’t it? So when we saw the Tusk and Mothercare collaboration at the Mothercare press day back in November, we couldn’t wait to share it with you. The prices, are (as you would imagine from Mothercare) fantastic, and there are some really sweet pieces. And the best bit is that 4% of all the sales goes directly to Tusk. So these are almost guilt-free purchases!
We love this branch shelf! And who says it has to go in a child’s room anyway? It would look great in any room… We also like the teepee; this cushion; these wall stickers; and this duvet set.
Oh yes, and if you fancy a laugh, watch this! Mothercare asked all three of our kids to take part in this little film about conservation. Bailey and Tabitha actually didn’t make the final cut, and Marlow went a little ‘off piste’ (he was talking about the leopard print lining of his favourite Bellerose coat), but it’s pretty sweet. But the little boy who talks about the gorillas is so cute, and totally steals the show as far as we’re concerned. It make us laugh every time!
Sarah & Nicky xx
1. Easter Bunny Glasses, £4.00
2. Stella McCartney Kids Jumper With Bunny Back, £60.00
3. Gap Bunny Sleep Set, £14.95
4. Little Cloud Liberty Print Cushion, £28.00
5. Maileg Baby Boy & Girl, £26.00
1. Meri Meri Easter Cupcake Kit, £12.50
2. Easter Egg Hunt Sack, £6.00
3. Little Lulubel Bunny Ears Hats, £7.95
4. Pat The Bunny, £6.58
5. M&S Easter Egg Signs (set of six), £6.00
Easter is just around the corner, so we are sharing out favourite festive finds. This was a hard edit – there are just so many cute things around. Here are some more that we couldn’t squeeze into the pictures… The White Company dress up set; The White Company Easter garland; Meri Meri Easter garland kit; this Easter bunny bag; these personalised Easter egg bags; this Maileg set of bunny decorations (I have these from last Easter and have kept them on display all year round – they look so sweet); this Easter egg hunt bunny bag; these Easter decorations (if you follow us on Instagram, you will have seen me posting them from Petersham Nurseries last week); this personalised card (if you are an Easter card sender – I’m, but Nicky is); and this Stella McCartney jumper is a navy version of the above one, but on sale if you’re looking for a slightly less guilty purchase.
Sarah & Nicky xx
ps: Pat The Bunny is celebrating its 75th anniversary (we went along to the the Bonpoint event in Harrods on Saturday). It’s the sweetest book for babies. And it’s Julia Restoin Roitfeld’s favourite book to read to her daughter, Romy. Super-chic.
1. Marks & Spencer Pure Cotton Dungarees, £18.00-£20.00
2. Trousselier Crocodile On Wheels, £47.79
3. Howick Junior Lambswool Jumper, £12.00 (was £20.00)
4. Canvas Sneakers, £14.95
We think every little boy needs a crocodile on wheels in his life…
Sarah & Nicky xx
Nature Zoo Crocheted Toys, £20.00, Nature Zoo
In case you missed them on Instagram last week, you can win one of these gorgeous (and beautifully made) soft toys from Danish brand, and friends of Little Spree, Nature Zoo. All you have to do is email us with the answer to this easy question: who won the Rising Star award at the recent Bubble London exhibition? Oh and remember to let us know whether you’d like the dinosaur (1) or the duck (2)? We will be announcing the winners here on Thursday 5th March. Good luck!
Sarah & Nicky x
1. Kin By John Lewis Dungaree Set, £18.00
2. M&S Pure Cashmere Cardigan, £35.00
3. Anne Claire Petit Lamb Music Box, £36.45
4. Minnetonka Fringed Booties, £40.00
Generally speaking we’re not fans of the ‘set’. You know the ones – where they cleverly put an outfit together, usually for a baby, so you don’t need to worry about what goes with what? So they are well-intentioned, but generally pretty naff. We usually find it frustrating when we only like one of the pieces (as is often the case), but then feel reluctant to buy the entire outfit just to wear one thing. Maybe we just don’t like being told how to style an outfit?? Anyway, occasionally we are pleasantly surprised, and this is one of those occasions. How cute is this striped dungaree set?? If you aren’t familiar with the Kin collection by John Lewis, you should definitely check it out. And whilst we were online, we also saw and liked this dungaree set from Mini Club at Boots and this three piece outfit from M&S. Sometimes it’s good to be proven wrong.
Sarah & Nicky x
1. Numero 74 Changing Mat, £28.35
2. Little Cloud Adelajda Liberty Print Cloud Mobile, £26.00
3. M&S Pure Cashmere Cardigan, £35.00
4. Oeuf Grey Rabbit Hat, £40.00
5. Mozartkugel Music Box, £49.99
6. Ugg Sheepskin Booties, £45.00
Things don’t get much cuter than this at Christmas… We’ve rounded up our absolute favourite presents for babies. After all, babies + Christmas = an excuse to buy the most adorable presents ever (like we need an excuse??)! We also love: this Gap striped all-in-one; this Little White Company sheepskin cushion; this Stella McCartney Kids bunny ears hat; this Little White Company cloud mobile; this Time Capsules kit; this Little White Company penguin; this Sebra pull-along elephant; these Samantha Holmes alpaca fur booties; this Little White Company toadstool light; and this Mini Boden knitted jacket (in oatmeal or thistle).
Sarah & Nicky x
1. 2 Pack Pure Cotton Hats, £5.00
2. Jangle Mouse Soft Toy, £12.00
3. Pure Cashmere All In One, £45.00
4. ‘Forever’ Book, £5.60
1. Precious Little One Cloud Framed Picture, £25.00
2. Pom Pom Knitted Throw, £69.00
3. Bunny Wicker Basket, £25.00
4. Elephant Polypropylene Light, £19.50
Have you been into the baby department at M&S recently? It’s had a bit of a makeover (I had a tour of the newly refurbished kids department in the Westfield store, and I have to say, I was pretty impressed). Forget just popping in to grab a pack of white cotton sleepsuits after a mad dash around the food hall – you are going to want everything! The ‘baby shop’ now features everything you could ever need for your baby from stylish clothing (we are obsessed with the cashmere all-in-ones – we challenge anyone not to fall in love with the grey one) to gorgeous, chic nursery furniture (who knew?). We’ve rounded up our favourites (above), but here are some other things that we couldn’t cram into the pictures, but that we’ve also seen and loved:
This two piece cotton knitted star top and joggers; this 5 pack of pure cotton star bodysuits; this 4 piece pure cotton assorted t-shirt and leggings outfit; this fabric giraffe; these knitted poufs; this star print snowsuit; and this knitted elephant soft toy. You can even buy brands such as Baby Bjorn (baby carriers, bouncy chairs, travel coats…); Avent (bottles, breast pumps, thermometers…) and Dr Brown’s (sterilisers, bottles…). And check out this chic high chair (and such a great price)? It really is a one-stop shop.
ps: Nicky popped in to the M&S Spring/Summer 15 press day today. She has posted a few pics on Instagram (@littlespree) if you fancy a sneaky peak of what to expect next year…
Created in collaboration with Marks and Spencer
H&M Home Wooden Storage Box, £14.99
I’m a little obsessed with toy storage, particularly the stylish kind… And this wooden box makes a refreshing change from one of my many baskets. Here are a few other cute storage ideas, also from H&M (I do love a bit of H&M Home): this bunny ears basket; this fabric basket; this monster storage basket; and this wall storage hanger.
1. M&S Cotton Denim Dungarees, £14.00
2. Miller Baby Jumper, £19.20 (reduced from £64.00)
3. Petit Bateau Bear Teddy, £22.00
4. Wee Bairns Baby Boots, £28.00
Practical and cute…
1. Miller Xono Beanie (from Elias & Grace), £40.00
2. Bonton Escale Dress (from Elias & Grace), £67.00
3. Martin Pederson Gemini Tights (from Elias & Grace), £16.00
4. Mango Wooden Leather Sandals, £34.99
Who says socks and sandals are a nerdy no-go? Not us. Nothing cuter!
ps: I have been scouring the shops, searching for the (Barbie sized) Elsa doll for Tabitha for Christmas (from Santa), but no luck. I was certainly not expecting to find one on the Selfridges website. But I did, and now Elsa is winging her way to Richmond… Phew!
Little Baby Company Halloween Trick Or Treat Card, £3.95
You still have a couple of weeks, but we like to get organised early. So we’ve ordered our cute Halloween costumes and they are on their way. So now that just leaves the sweet little extras that make it all the more fun… We’re loving these personalised trick or treating bags; this pumpkin window sticker; this pumpkin piñata; this door sign; these window stickers; these balloons; this bat card; and this light-up pumpkin (ok, so it’s not the real deal, but I bought one last year, and it looked pretty great – I’ve also bought the mini ones this year).
1. Gap Devil Knitted Hat, £4.99
2. Boden Baby Cardigan, £16.20-£18.00
3. John Lewis Halloween Skeleton Sleepsuit, £14.00
4. M&S Halloween Pull & Go Bat, £6.00
Who says babies can’t get in on the Halloween action? Just make sure they’re bundled up and cosy, and off you go! We also like this cute bib; and as baby Halloween costumes go, this bat print onesie is a pretty cute one.
1. Zara Home Kids Cashmere Pom Pom Hat (one size), £19.99
2. M&S Cotton Gingham Checked Dress & Tights Outfit (0-24 months), £16.00
3. Bonton Peho Toy Rattle, £10.00
4. Gap Navy Bow Ballet Flats (0-24 months), £7.95
What is it about gingham dresses on little girls? And are these the cutest ballet pumps you’ve ever seen??
ps: loving these silver high tops…
1. Gap Heathered Sweater Onepiece (0-12 months), £17.95
2. Gap Marled Bear Sweater Hat (0-18 months), £9.95
3. Jellycat Chi-Chi Bunny, £10.50
4. Gap Sweater Booties (0-12 months), £9.95
What could be more stylish than a marl grey baby..?