We love pink for our boys (always the right shade of pink though of course), and we love this outfit (Bailey already has it!). And if you’re not already familiar with the label Smalls, you need to be. They are just brilliant – we are big fans at Little Spree, and our kids wear them all the time. We find them particularly useful for those tricky ‘in-between’ weather days – is it cold or is it warm?? Much like today in fact! When the kids wear theirs, they never complain about being “too hot” or “uncomfy” – in fact, they never make any comments at all – they are just comfortable, happy and busy playing (and anyone who knows Marlow knows how picky he can be about the way things look and feel: “but it’s not cashmere Mummy!”… I know, I know!!). And here’s why (read it – it’s actually really interesting)…
– Merino’s breathable fibre core has a waxy-coated exterior so there is no surface for germs to grow on. This makes merino naturally antibacterial so it can be worn for days without stinking. (Phew).
– Merino wool stores warmth in millions of little air pockets that trap your own body heat. This means you stay warmer without having to wear lots of layers. Stay outside playing for longer – always good news for kids!
– Your Smalls don’t need special treatment like most of your woollies (thank God – high maintenance kids clothes? No thanks). Wear them lots, wash them whenever, – and never worry about them fading or shrinking like other fabrics. No washing machine dramas.
– Smalls merino is naturally resistant to staining, odors, and pilling. A little airing is enough to revive your Smalls. (Though you might want to wash them at some point!).
– Merino wool also dries fast, perfect for busy families and it’s anti-static so won’t cling.
– Smalls merino is also naturally elastic (unlike us sadly). It springs back to its original shape every time.
– Also, super smooth fibres mean bad news for dust mites. It’s anti static so it naturally repels dust, which can cause allergies and asthma in sufferers. Because of its breathability, it keeps skin dry and less prone to eczema.
– It is also an excellent barrier for harmful UV rays, so you can wear it on the beach Or even onthe ski slopes!
– In the summer, it keeps you cool, dry and just.….happy.
And our friends at Smalls are giving one of their super-stylish long sleeved tops (‘longs’) away (they will even personalise it with your child’s name – how sweet), so you can see how great they are first hand. All you need to do is:
1. Sign up to the the Smalls newsletter on their gorgeous website.
2. Email us at Little Spree (email@example.com) with the colour and size (2-12 years) of top you would like to win. If you’re not sure, take a look at Tabitha, Marlow and Bailey wearing theirs on Instagram today for some style inspiration…
3. Keep your fingers crossed!
You have until midnight on Monday 27th to enter, and we will announce the winner on Tuesday 28th. Good luck!
Sarah & Nicky xx