1. Seafarer Lord Jim Stretch Cotton Jeans, £154.00 (were £220.00)
2. Isabel Marant Étoile Jacob Cropped Trousers, £140.00 (were £200.00)
3. Current Elliot The Fling Mid-Rise Boyfriend Jeans, £87.75 (were £195.00)
4. Boden Zip Ankle Skimmer Jeans, £36.75-£59.00
5. Johnnie B Printed Skinny Jeans, £28.00-£33.00
6. Violeta By Mango Super Slim Striped Jeans, £34.99 (were £59.99)
As a rule, Sarah and I tend to dress in plain fabrics and tonal colours; but as with most rules there’s an exception and for us that usually means a stripe. We love striped t-shirts, striped jumpers, striped shirts and of course striped jeans and trousers. To prove it, Sarah has both pairs of the striped Boden jeans (size up in the Johnnie b ones as they come up small if you’re not a teenager!) and I have the Isabel Marant Étoile trousers (again, size up as they were quite a narrow fit around the hips) and an old version of the Current Elliot jeans. We know that the idea of stripes around you thighs might seem a little scary at first but (the right type of) stripes (going in the right direction) can be flattering for everyone (gorgeous curvy Mamas should take a look at jean no 6 – they go up to a size 24). Just remember to keep the rest of your outfit pretty simple. I’ve been wearing my trousers with a navy t-shirt and tan gladiator sandals similar to these ASOS ones which sold out shortly after we featured them here, but are now back in stock (only £20.00 – yes, really!).
Sarah wears her stripes (tight) with a slouchy navy cashmere sweater/slouchy grey tee and her Birks.
Nicky & Sarah xx