1. Sweet | Yotam Ottolenghi
2. Necklace | Brinker & Eliza
3. Swimsuit | Bondi Born
4. Dress | Galvan
5. Lipstick | Gucci
6. Napkin | Matilda Goad
7. Glasses | Soho Home
8. Bag | Loewe
9. Diary | Smythson
10. Perfume | Tom Ford
I had so much fun compiling this wish list and admittedly found it hard to limit it to just ten items. Despite constantly being told I am hard to buy for, there is actually a long list of things that I love. I suppose it is just that I am very particular about what those items are! That said, I’m always thrilled to receive a favourite perfume, statement jewellery or books and I am a sucker for florals and bows. Yet although gifts are undoubtedly nice, after spending Christmas far away from home, missing family and friends back in Australia, I’ve realised that time spent with loved ones is more important than what you receive. Although husband if you are reading… that Loewe bag really would be so useful.
- I am not a natural cook, but I can bake. I have a weakness for Yotam Ottolenghi’s sugary confections so his decadent book of deserts ‘Sweet’ written in collaboration with Australia baking star Helen Goh would be a perfect present.
2. Jewellery is one of my favourite kinds of gifts to receive, although to be honest it usually is something I have picked out or very darkly hinted at previously. Brinker & Eliza are my new obsession, especially this playful necklace.
3. I will forever be a summer girl, even at Christmas, I am always dreaming of warmer weather. This bow-embellished one-piece is made for holidays back home in Sydney. I would wear it to the beach, then team it with palazzo trousers and earrings for a lunch with family or friends afterwards.
4. The exquisite cut and beguiling colour of Galvan’s slip dress makes it a truly timeless style.I love the fact that you could wear this layered with a knit on Christmas Day, then to a New Year’s Eve party with heels. Expensive yes, but it will never date.
5. I am a minimalist when it comes to makeup but I do wear lipstick everyday. I usually opt for understated hues but I have fallen for this punchy red shade by Gucci which comes in pretty floral packaging.
6. I can never resist scalloping so I would be very happy to find Matilda Goad’s two-tone linen napkins under the tree – they’re the perfect way to add a pop of colour to a table.
7. Who said water glasses have to be boring? I would love to add these Soho Home tumblers to my ever-growing collection of crystal glassware.
8. I am really in need of a new bag for everyday however I am very picky when it comes to bags, I don’t like statement logos and prefer seasonless styles, but they need to have an interesting twist (see what I mean – picky) Loewe’s Flamenco bag ticks all these attributes, and it’s a handy size too.
9. Despite numerous attempts at a digital calendar, I can’t break my addiction to a paper diary. I have used Smythson’s featherweight Panama for years and now have a rainbow stack of these pocket-sized planners tucked away at the back of my wardrobe. This year I have my eye on the zinging lime-yellow hue.
10. Is a favourite perfume ever an unwelcome gift? I switch between three different scents, Creed’s floral Fleurissimo, Chanel’s Gardenia and Tom Ford’s sensuous Black Orchid, which is my go-to fragrance for evening. I have just run out of my current bottle so a top-up would be much appreciated.