1. Mango Wool Peacoat, £119.99
2. M&S 2 Pair Pack Wool Rich Thermal Socks, £10.00
3. Uniqlo Boiled Wool Crewneck, £14.90
4. Grenson Brady Leather Boots, £230.00
5. Uniqlo Selvedge Jeans, £39.90
6. Mango Suede Jacket, £119.99
7. Uniqlo Cashmere Coat, £129.90
8. Topshop Coach Jacket, £55.00
9. Albam Washed Yard Shirt, £139.00
10. Grenson Curt Leather Derby Shoes, £215.00
Today we are excited to have a Daddy Spree guest post. Joe Hutchings is Brand Director at Grenson, and papa to Ruby (13) and Otto (8). He is also a very old friend of mine, and married to my lovely friend, Vanessa. Oh and he has great personal style – always cool, but understated. And always rocking a great shoe or boot (no surprises there). Anyway, today he is sharing his favourite (mostly high street) pieces for men. If he likes them, chances are our husband/boyfriends probably will too. And let’s be honest, sometimes they need a little ‘nudge’ in the right direction right? SC
We all live busy lives and I (like most of us) want things to be made easy for me. So when confronted with so much choice out there in stores and online it can often put you off shopping, or choosing anything at all. I know for men this is common – I have friends who want it made easy, and online shopping has transformed this for them. But they still need to know what to choose, and for some this can still be a bit of a minefield. Often the purchasing of clothes gets thrown like a hot potato to their partner to sort out. So Little Spree (the very chic Sarah and Nicky) have tried to help by giving their readers a helping hand (my wife being one). So I know where to tell her to look when she asks me what I want for Christmas (76 sleeps to go in fact). Not only can she find the best stuff for our kids on Little Spree and for herself through Mama Spree; she can now find a great curation of clothes and accessories for me in the mens’ shop! Life made easier – always a good thing. Here are my top picks (above) for men and why (below). Obviously there are a few pairs of shoes in there, but as the saying goes, ‘invest in good shoes and good sheets, because if you’re not in one you’re in the other’. Joe
1. A real classic, and I need a new one!
2. You can’t beat M&S for packs of socks. These thermals are great.
3. This jumper is great – it has a slightly different texture to it and comes in a number of colours.
4. Brady is a hiking boot with a difference, as it has a super-lightweight sole and is made from a combination of leather and suede so super-comfortable for trekking.
5. I always buy these jeans for myself. The Japanese Selvedge regular fit.
6. Love this suede bomber. Bang on trend.
7. This camel coat is great value for money.
8. I really like this Topman jacket as it’s a cross between a military and a workwear jacket, which is a bit of a uniform for me.
9. Alban is a brand I also really like, and have worked with them over the years. We have made shoes for them, and they have made the uniforms for our stores. This season I really like this indigo blue shirt.
10. Curt classic Derby in really nice waxy leather, but also has a Dainite rubber sole, so really practical for the winter months.